1 ½ cups Exclusively Fruit Strawberry Compote buy strawberry compote
1 mashed banana
1 ¾ cups plain flour
4 tbsp butter
3 tbsp maple syrup
Splash of milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Strain any excess juice from your Exclusively Fruit Strawberry Compote and set aside. **TIP – use the juice to add to your favourite gin based cocktail – delicious!! Toss the strawberry compote gently in ¼ cup plain flour – this will ensure the strawberries are evenly dispersed in the muffins and that they don’t all sink to the bottom! Set aside the strawberries for later.
- Melt the butter, and add to the mashed banana, maple syrup, milk, vanilla essence and eggs. Whisk until combined.
- Sieve the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and plain flour into the wet ingredients.
- Gently use a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients until combined – do not overmix!
- Fold the strawberry compote into the muffin batter.
- Scoop into muffin cases and bake for 16-18 minutes or until a metal skewer inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
- Once baked, place on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture and store in an airtight container. These can also be frozen once cooled!