1 Information we collect
1.1 When you use the Website, we collect and retain information that you, as a customer or potential customer, provide to us through the Site, as well as information that is automatically or passively collected from you, your device or your browser (the “Information”).
- 1.1 When you use the websites, we collect and retain information that you, as a customer or potential customer, provide to us through the site, as well as information that is automatically or passively collected from you, your devise or your browser (the "Information").
- 1.2 This Information you may provide includes:
- 1.2.1 Contact and profile information including name, email address, postal address including post code, and telephone number.
- 1.2.2 Account information, including your user name, password, log in details, transaction details.
- 1.2.3 Credit card information, including the name on the card, card type, card number, expiry date and CV2 is collected and processed by our third party payment processor. We retain limited credit card information for our records but we do not store or retain complete credit card information.
- 1.2.4 Your preferences, including ratings that you provide in relation to products available on our Website.
- 1.2.5 Your communications to us including any problems you may report to us, queries or comments about our products or Website.
- 1.2.6 Any other content or information you choose to provide.
- 1.2.7 Details of your visits to the site, the resources you access and any data you download.
- 2.1 We, along with third parties, may also collect information about you, your computer or device and your use of our website via automated means (for more information about these technologies, see section 7). This information may include:
- 2.1.1 Information about your visits to the Website, the resources you access, any data you download and information related to the ways in which you interact with the Website.
- 2.1.2 IP addresses (including the general information in such address, such as city, county and post code), unique device identifiers, other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types and browser language.
- 2.1.3 Referral pages and links, URLs, number of clicks, pages viewed, how much time you spend on a page, your search queries and results.
- 2.1.4 Information about your device, computer and/or browser you use as well as the device's operating system. This may include device hardware model, operating system version, or mobile network information.
- 2.2 We may also combine information that we collect from you with information we obtain about you from third parties and affiliates and information derived from any other service we may provide.
- 3.1 We may obtain additional information about you from third parties such as marketers, partners, researchers and others; but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
- 3.2 We use the information we receive from these third parties to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you, and to offer you products that we believe you would be interested in.
- 4.1 Our use of your Information will always have a lawful basis, either because using the Information is necessary to allow us to fulfil your orders and perform our contractual obligations to you, because you have consented to our use of your Information (e.g. by subscribing to emails) or because it is in our legitimate interests. We may use your Information as follows:
- 4.1.1 To provide and manage your account;
- 4.1.2 To provide and manage your access to our Website;
- 4.1.3 To personalise your experience on our Website;
- 4.1.4 To process your orders and supply our products to you;
- 4.1.5 To provide you with order, billing and delivery information;
- 4.1.6 To reply to communication from you;
- 4.1.7 To supply you with emails that you have opted in to (to unsubscribe at any time email firstname.lastname@example.org);
- 4.1.8 To provide you with offers, marketing materials and promotional materials, online and through other marketing channels such as third party social networks e.g. Instagram and Facebook;
- 4.1.9 To ask you for feedback and conduct market research;
- 4.1.10 To analyse your use of our Website to allow us to improve it;
- 4.1.11 To keep internal records.
- 4.1.12 To protect against fraud, unauthorised transactions, security issues and other liabilities.
- 4.2 With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your Information for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message AND/OR post with information, news and offers on our products. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the [Data Protection Act 1998] OR [GDPR] and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- 5.1 We will only share your Information with third parties in accordance with this Policy or as otherwise required by law.
- 5.2 We may share your Information in the following ways:
- 5.2.1 With trusted service providers, to perform or assist us in performing any of the functions listed in Section 4.
- 5.2.2 We may provide analyses of our customers in the aggregate to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties. We do this so that we and our business partners can understand our customers better and so we can keep bringing you first-rate services. We may also disclose, on an anonymous basis, statements made by our customers such as comments or feedback we receive on our products.
- 5.2.3 As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, your Information may be among the transferred assets or may be shared with the other company or business for purposes of evaluating the transaction.
- 5.2.4 We may share your information with third-parties with whom we have a contractual relationship.
- 5.2.5 We may share your feedback or comments. If you post anything to our Website that can be viewed by the general public, we may share that with third parties.
- 5.2.6 We may use third-party Web analytics Services on this Website, such as those of Google Analytics. We may also share certain information about you and the device you use to access our Website in order to deliver tailored advertising. These service providers use technology to help us analyse how users use our Website and to deliver advertising. The information collected by the technology (including your IP address) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these services providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Website. Learn about opting out of Google Analytics.
- 5.2.8 We may share your Information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
- 6.1 You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data
- 7.1 A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- 7.2 We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- 7.3 Overall cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- 7.4 You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- 8.1 We will only use your email address for marketing when permitted by law. You can opt out of receiving future communications at any time. You may also unsubscribe from receiving all marketing emails by writing to us or emailing us using the Contact Details below.
- 9.1 Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and we will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, alteration, unauthorised access or improper use of Information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
- 9.2 While we make every effort to ensure that your Information is secure on our system, you should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
- 9.3 It is advisable to log out and close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
- 10.1 We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
- 10.2 When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- 11.1 You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details at email@example.com.
- 11.2 If you wish to request deletion of your personal information, you can exercise this right by contacting us using the contact details below.In addition you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below. You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by contacting us using the contact details provided below. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- 11.3 You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
- 12.1 Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.